Urulaikilangu Poriyal (Potato Stir Fry)Prep: 25 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
A dose of spices, chillies and aromatic curry and coriander leaves; yummylicious.
- 3 medium size potatoes - boil till tender, remove skin and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 4 shallots - chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger - chopped
- 1 red chili - chopped
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves - shredded
- 2 sprigs curry leaves - shredded
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil and splatter mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add ginger, shallots and chili.
- Fry to soften (1-2mins)
- Add chili and turmeric powder.
- Stir and add the rest of the ingredients: potatoes, green peas, coriander and curry leaves.
- Season with salt.
- Continue frying to combine the ingredients; for 3-4mins.
- Increase the heat and fry for another 2 mins.
- Remove once done.
Leave a review or comment