Stir-Fry Pork Ribs with Pechay, Sweet Potatoes & PotatoesPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Joyce Yap9 recipes>
Try savoring this delectable stir fry recipe that you can serve in less than an hour. It is easy to prepare and a perfect dinner treat for your loved ones.
- 1 pound pork ribs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 sliced red onion
- 5 peeled and crushed cloves garlic
- 1 diced ripe potatoes
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 2 bunch of fresh Pechay
- 3 pieces sweet potatoes, slice into quarters
- 5 pieces potatoes, slice into quarters
- Dash of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- Optional serving:
- Steamed rice
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Heat 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Season the pork with pinch of salt and a dash of pepper.
- Cook the pork in shimmering oil, tossing frequently, for 4 minutes until browned and cooked through. Transfer browned pork onto a plate lined with paper towel.
- Cook the rest of the pork ribs with another 1 tablespoon of oil. Wipe out the skillet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the same skillet on moderate high heat.
- Stir fry the onion and garlic until fragrant and caramelized for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, bell peppers and jalapeno peppers, toss until well coated for 3 minutes longer. Transfer the mixture in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the same skillet on moderate high heat and stir-fry the sweet potatoes for five minutes until the edges are golden browned and tender. Transfer the sweet potatoes in a plate lined with paper towel, set aside.
- Stir-fry the potatoes in the remaining oil, keep tossing and cook for 4 minutes until the potatoes are tender-crisp. Transfer potatoes into another bowl lined with paper towel, set aside.
- Return the pork in the skillet together with the spices and cook on medium high heat.
- Pour soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste and sugar. Stir to combine well, adjust the salt if needed.
- Pour 1 cup of water and bring mixture to a boil. Simmer until the pork is tender for ten minutes and the liquid has reduced.
- Add the sliced Pechay and cook on low heat until crisp-tender. Season the stir fry with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked potatoes and sweet potatoes; toss until well combined.
- Sprinkle mixture with toasted sesame seeds if desired. Serve with steamed rice.
Leave a review or comment