Comforting Sweet Potato Soup with Creamed SpinachPrep: 7 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 8by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion – diced
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic – chopped
- 2 carrots – diced
- 9 oz. package frozen creamed spinach
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh parsley – chopped
- 2 green tomatoes – diced
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sour Cream
- Sweet Chili Relish
- Preheat Oven 375 degrees:
- Bake the sweet potatoes with the skin on until soft. About 45-50 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooled scoop the meat out from the skins.
- Heat a large soup pot with the olive oil.
- Add the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, frozen creamed spinach, parsley and tomatoes. Cook down on low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the seasonings and cook; semi covered, for about 30 -35 minutes.
- A few minutes before serving stir in the milk.
- Top each soup with a teaspoon of sour cream and the sweet chili relish.
Leave a review or comment