Thai Style FishPrep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 2by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Citrusy spicy fragrant sauce over deep fried fish
- 1 piece (about 300g) of mackerel or any other firm fish of your choice
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 lemon grass - sliced thinly
- 4 shallots - sliced thinly
- 1 red/birds eye chili - sliced thinly
- 1/4 inch ginger - chopped
- 3-4 sprigs of mint leaves - just the leaves
- 3-4 kaffir lime leaves - sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- Salt if needed
- Rub ginger and salt over the fish.
- Deep fry fish, dish out and place on a plate.
- Leave about 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan.
- Sauté shallots, ginger, lemongrass and chili.
- Pour in soy and fish sauce; add salt (if needed), sugar, lime juice and
- 3-4 tbsp of water.
- Let it simmer and drop in mint and lime leaves.
- Pour over the fish.
Leave a review or comment