Thai Style Steamed FishPrep: 45 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Spicy, salty and tangy taste with an aromatic and uplifting fragrance of lemongrass, kaffir lime and coriander leaves.
- For the fish
- 1 medium size siakap/barramundi (about 450) - de-gut and cleaned
- 1 inch ginger - sliced
- For the sauce/gravy
- 4 shallots
- 5 garlic
- 1 inch galangal/lengkuas
- 1/2 tsp kaffir lime rind
- 1 stalk coriander root
- 20 white peppercorn
- 1/2 inch shrimp paste/belacan - roasted (optional)
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 10 dried red chilies (or as needed)
- blend/ground these ingredients for a smooth paste
- 1 lemongrass - smashed
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves - tear into pieces
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 3-4 calamansi lime/limau kasturi
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste (if needed)
- Steam fish with slices of ginger till soft and tender.
- Fry the blended/grounded ingredients with lemongrass till aromatic and oil splits.
- Add lime leaves, fish sauce and salt.
- Stir all together.
- Discard ginger and the water floating in the fish after steaming.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and serve with calamansi lime.
Leave a review or comment