Thai Style Chicken CashewPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
I made this Thai Style Chicken Cashew, which now me and "He” both are addicted to, we both love Thai food but this was a great change from mundane Thai curries, packed with punching flavors and so perfect for summer/monsoon lunch/dinner.
- 2 single chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 - 4 long, red Thai chilies, seeded and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 small green onions
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp whiskey (or white wine), optional
- Oil for cooking
- Salt, as per taste
- To make sauce:
- 1/4 cup palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 dry red chilies, broken into halves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp oyster sauce
- To serve:
- 1 cup toasted, unsalted cashews
- Chopped coriander
- For the sauce, roughly chop the palm sugar. Combine it with the fish sauce, soy sauce, dry red chilies and oyster sauce. Bring to a gentle boil and mix until sugar is combined well with the sauces. Set aside until required.
- Clean wash and dry chicken, slice into 2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- To cook the chicken, heat a wok or large fry pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil and sauté the chicken until it is cooked half way through.
- Next, add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add the onion, bell pepper, salt and sauté for another minute or so.
- Add the chilies and cook for another minute or so.
- Glaze the pan with whiskey and stir nicely. Once the liquids been reduced add sauce prepared above and green onions.Toss to coat.
- To finish, add the toasted cashew nuts and chopped coriander.
- Taste for seasoning and serve with rice.
Leave a review or comment