Mixed veggie and seed bakePrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Peter Brown100 recipes>
Although this is an ideal single dish to serve to vegetarians it is also versatile and unusual enough to serve as accompaniment to meat and fish and it goes particularly well with couscous or brown rice. This dish is easy to prepare and you can vary the ingredients to suit your own tastes. In summer you can also serve this dish at room temperature or cold and it goes well with a barbeque.
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 300 ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled ginger
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 5 cm thick strips
- 2 cups of sweet potato cubes
- 2 cups butternut cubes
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seed
- 1 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- In a large pot of boiling water boil the carrots, potato and butternut for five minutes, drain.
- Spoon the vegetables into a baking dish and add the chopped garlic and ginger.
- Season lightly.
- Mix together orange juice and honey and pour over the vegetables, tossing lightly to cover well.
- Cover and place in an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees Celsius and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and sprinkle with poppy seed, sesame and pumpkin seeds.
- Garnish with fresh orange slices and chopped mint.
- Serve with couscous.
Leave a review or comment