Thai Basil ChickenPrep: 10 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 6by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
Quick and easy and oh, so yummy! So much so, we copied this recipe and gave it to our guests at our wedding!
- 2 Tbs fish sauce or substitute soy sauce
- 2 Tbs light soy sauce
- 2 Tbs plain low fat yogurt
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs minced fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 lbs chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- Put all ingredients except chicken in a plastic bag and knead to mix. Add chicken and turn bag to coat pieces. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or for several hours in refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from bag and arrange, skin side up, in a shallow roasting pan. (I prefer my glass pyrex) . Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 55 minutes.
Leave a review or comment