Jan's Mostly Thai Basil Fried Rice
- 1 2/3 c. Rice, cleaned and chilled
- 1 x Fresh habaneor, finely minced
- 1 x Inch piece ginger, finely minced
- 6 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c. Red pepper, diced
- 4 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 c. Raw chicken, in bite size pcs
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 c. Green onion, 1 inch lenghts
- 1/2 c. Fresh cilantro, coarsely minced
- 1/2 c. Fresh basil, coarsely minced
- In a small bowl stir together soy suace, fish sauce, sugar and 2 Tbs. water till sugar dissolves.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large non stick pan. Add in the ginger, habanero, garlic and red pepper. Stir fry for about 5 min, watching not not to let garlic brown.
- Add in the minced chicken and stir fry unitl cooked through.
- Add in the rice and the sauce and toss all ingredients together till well combined.
- Stir in green onions and cook till heated. Add in cilantro and basil and mix well.
- Serving Ideas : steamed broccloi, garden salad with Thai dressing and hot
Leave a review or comment