Sticky Chocolate, Maple and Walnut SwirlsPrep: 1 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 12by Vijay Dhawan28 recipes>
Tasty Sticky Chocolate, Maple And Walnut Swirls Recipe.
- Serves 12 people
- • 450g / 1lb / cup strong white flour
- • 2.5ml / ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- • 50g /2oz / ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- • 50g 2oz / ¼ cup caster sugar
- • 1 sachet easy-blend dried yeast 1 eggs yolk
- • 120ml/ 4fi oz/ ½ cup water
- • 60ml/ 4 tbsp milk
- • 45ml/3 tbsp maple syrup, to finish
- FOR THE FILLING
- • 40g / 1 ½ oz/ 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- • 50g / 2oz / ½ cup light muscovado sugar
- • 175g / 6oz/ 1 cup plain chocolate chips
- • 75g / 3oz / cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Grease a deep 23 cm/9 in springform cake tin. Sift the flour and cinnamon into a bowl, then rill) in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- 2. Stir in the sugar and yeast. In a jug or bowl, beat the egg yolk with the water and milk, then stir into the dry ingredients to make a soft dough.
- 3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth, then roll out to a rectangle measuring about 40 x 30 cm/ 16 x 12 in.
- 4. For the filling, brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar, chocolate chips and nuts.
- 5. Roll up the dough from one long side like a Swiss roll, then cut into 12 thick even-size slices. Pack close together in the tin, cut sides up. Cover and leave in a warm place for about I 1/2 hours, until well risen and springy. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
- 6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack. Brush with maple syrup while still warm. Pull swirls apart to serve.
Leave a review or comment