Spicy Chickpea & Long BeansPrep: 25 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Its colourful, its attractive, hits your palate with the right spiced up flavours and above all, simply delicious with rice.
- 120g (a handful) long beans/kacang panjang - cut into 1 inch length
- 1 can (about 300g) chickpeas -drain out the water.
- 1/2 inch ginger - chopped
- 3 garlic - chopped
- 3 shallots - sliced thinly
- 1 red chilli - sliced thinly
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (optional or add all spice powder)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- When oil is heated, sauté shallots, ginger, garlic and red chilli.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garam masala, coriander and turmeric powder.
- Stir and add in long beans.
- Stir again and pour about 3-4 tbsp water inside.
- Cover and cook to soften beans.
- Remove cover, add chickpeas, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Stir again and dish out.
Leave a review or comment