Slow Cooker Potato-Crab ChowderPrep: 20 min Cook: 6 hours Servings: 5by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
This is a fast no fuss recipe that can be done in a slow-cooker.
- 10 Oz. Pkg. Frozen Corn, Thawed
- 1 Cup Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes, Thawed
- 3/4 Cup Carrots, Diced
- 1 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- 3/4 Tsp. Garlic-Pepper Seasoning
- 3 Cups Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 6 Oz. Canned Crabmeat, Drained
- 1/2 Cup Scallions, Sliced Diagonally
- Place corn, potatoes and carrots in slow cooker. Sprinkle with thyme and garlic-pepper. Add broth and water.
- Cover; cook on Low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Blend evaporated milk and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 15 to 30 minutes. Just before serving, stir in crabmeat and green onions.
- Tip: I get my crabmeat fresh from the seafood section at the grocery. They usually have precooked and shelled crab in deli salad containers.
Leave a review or comment