Slow Cooker French DipPrep: 15 min Cook: 7 hours Servings: 8by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
This is a super easy way to make a very tender and tasty french dip sandwich. Cook it overnight for lunch or all day for dinner and you have a great cold weather meal. I added a salad and sweet potato fries as sides and we enjoyed a great meal.
- 4 lbs beef roast (chuck, sirloin or rump)
- 2 cans Campbells french onion soup
- 2 cans Campbells consomme
- 1 bottle or can Guinness beer (or another dark beer)
- 2 Tlbs kitchen bouquet
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- sliced mushrooms, optional
- 8 french rolls
- butter, softened
- mozzarella cheese, grated (optional)
- Place roast in slow cooker
- Add consomme, soup, beer, kitchen bouquet, garlic and onion powders, pepper and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook on high for 7 hours.
- Take meat out an hour or so before serving and slice against the grain. Put meat back into the slow cooker to absorb the juices.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Open rolls up on baking sheet and spread with butter or top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated and crunchy on the outside.
- Fill heated rolls with meat.
- Dish sauce into individual bowls.
- Dip sandwiches into jus and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment