Slow Cooker Chunky Vegetable Clam ChowderPrep: 20 min Cook: 8 hours Servings: 8by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
Warm up a chilly fall day with this hearty soup -- satisfying enough even for the most ravenous appetite.
- 13 Oz. Canned Clams, Minced
- 2 Cups Potato, Peeled & Cubed
- 1 Cup Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Celery, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Carrot, Shredded
- 1 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 21 1/2 Oz. Canned Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- 4 Slices Cooked Bacon, Crumbled
- 2 - 3 Dashes Paprika
- 2 - 3 Dashes Parsley Flakes
- Drain clams, reserving liquid. Cover clams; chill.
- In a 3-1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart crockery cooker combine reserved clam liquid, potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in potato soup and 2 cups water. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a medium bowl combine nonfat dry milk powder and flour. Gradually whisk in 1 cup cold water; stir into soup. Cover; cook on high-heat setting 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in clams. Cover; cook 5 minutes more. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon and paprika.
- Tip: I get my clams fresh from the seafood section at the grocery. They usually have it precooked and shelled in deli salad containers.
Leave a review or comment