Slow Cooker Pork Paprikash
A Rich and Savory Dinner for a Workday, Company or a Crowd Generously serves 15 with a little left over.
- Cooking Spray or Crock Pot Liner
- 3 pints whole cremini mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbs hot or mild smoked paprika (or both)
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and julienned
- 2 green peppers, de-seeded and julienned
- 2 yellow peppers, de-seeded and julienned
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 500ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs ground black pepper
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 500ml greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream
- 2 tbs worchestershire sauce (optional)
- Spray with cooking spray, or line the slow cooker pot.
- In a large freezer bag toss the cubed pork with the paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place the pork into the slow cooker.
- Add the minced garlic, bay leaves, julienned peppers and halved mushrooms.
- Stir the tomato paste into the broth
- Pour in all of the broth and tomato mixture and 250ml of the water.
- Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Mix the flour into the yogurt, or sour cream until well blended.
- Gently stir into the crock pot and turn on high.
- Cook on high for 25 or 30 minutes until the raw flour taste is gone and the sauce has thickened a little.
- If it gets too thick add the remaining 250 ml of water and continue to heat through.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper at this time.
- If you want to you may add the worchestershire sauce at this time and stir in well.
- This can be served with warm buttered noodles, mashed potatoes, rice or any warm & comforting starch.
Leave a review or comment