Slow Cooker Greek Pork SandwichesPrep: 20 min Cook: 10 hours Servings: 16by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
Pork is a tasty variation from lamb in great-tasting gyros topped with garlic mayonnaise. While this cooks your house is guaranteed to smell Heavenly.
- 2 Lbs. Pork Boneless Shoulder Roast, Trimmed of Fat
- 1 Tbsp. Greek Seasoning
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Garlic, Minced
- 16 Each Pita Breads
- 2 Medium Cucumbers, Cut Crosswise In Half & Sliced Thin
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Chopped
- If pork is tied, remove strings or netting. Place pork in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with Greek seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise and garlic in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to cooker and mix well. Spread 2 tablespoons garlic mayonnaise on each pita fold bread. Top each with 1/4 cup shredded pork, cucumber and tomato.
- Tip: The attached recipe goes great with this. I replace the garlic mayo with Feta Chip Dip and do not use the chopped tomatoes.
Leave a review or comment