Semolina (Rava) LadooPrep: 20 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 10by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Traditional Indian sweet with a pleasing scent of ghee and nutmeg.
- 1 cup semolina/rava/suji flour
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts - break into smaller pieces
- 3 red and green cherries - chopped/ cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- A pinch of nutmeg (or cardamom)
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands (optional)
- Heat ghee and fry cashew nuts till crispy and brown in color.
- Add rava and coconut.
- Stir and cook over low heat until they become brown.
- Add sugar and saffron strands, continue to stir for another 3 mins.
- Remove from heat and pour milk while mixing.
- Lastly add nutmeg and cherries.
- Pinch the mixture and roll into balls.
- Allow to dry for 2 hours.
- (Add milk if mixture doesn't come together to be rolled)
Leave a review or comment