Rose Sago Gula MelakaPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Merry Christmas Everyone. Here's Rose Sago Gula Melaka, a sweet treat for the sugar rush to welcome Christmas. It's a delightful dessert with a creative twist on our local favorite.
- 1 cup sago - soaked for 1/2 hour
- Coconut Milk (as needed)
- Palm Sugar (as needed)
- Few drops of rose essence
- Few drops of red coloring
- Pinch of salt
- Simmer a pot of water.
- Add sago and cook till translucent.
- Drain out and rinse sago under running water.
- Mix color and rose essence into it.
- Press into individual cups or one mold.
- Cool down and store in the fridge.
- Simmer palm sugar with water for thick syrup.
- Warm up coconut milk with a pinch of salt.
- Serve with chilled sago.
Leave a review or comment