Red Velvet CupcakesPrep: 25 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by Andrea Faz24 recipes>
Yummy recipe, and very appealing to the eye as well with its distinctive red coloring.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs plus 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 1/4 tsp vinegar (white or apple cider can both work)
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup water
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder together into a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, incorporate oil, sugar, and buttermilk until combined.
- Add eggs, food coloring, vinegar, vanilla and water and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time and mix on low, scraping down sides occasionally
- Mix until just combined.
- Be careful not to over mix, or the batter will come out
- Line a 16-cup cupcake pan with paper liners, and scoop the batter into the liners and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Make sure you allow the cupcakes to cool before you first them with the cream cheese frosting.
Leave a review or comment