Portobello and Courgette stuffed with rustic Sweet Potato mashServings: 2by Foodessa345 recipes>
Parisian Bistro inspired with my Italian cucina at the helm. Portobello goes tête à tête with la courgette and a rustic smooth potato mash. A bounty of flavours and textures in every bite. For a dedicated post...refer here: http://www.foodessa.com/2014/02/bistro-inspired-portobello-courgette.html
- . >(American / Metric measures)<
- . > Part-1 - Potato mash:
- . 4 medium 'new' potatoes, cubed
- . 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- . 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- . 1 cube of vegetable stock
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) sea salt
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) reserved potato water
- . 3 tbsp. (45ml) butter
- . 3 tbsp. (45ml) e.v.Olive oil
- . 1/2 cup (120ml) Ajvar (optional)
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) 'Fleur d'ail' (or 1 finely minced small garlic clove)
- . 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) sea salt,
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) each dried herbs: basil marjoram, rosemary, tarragon
- . > Part-2
- . 3 Portobello mushroom (1 reserved to be sliced)
- . 2 medium zucchini 'courgettes', halved lengthwise, cored and divided to make 8 pieces
- . 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- . 2 tbsp. (30ml) butter
- . 2 tbsp. (30ml) e.v.Olive oil
- . 1/8 cup (30ml) white wine
- . > Garnish: (both optional)
- . a handful of roasted crushed almonds
- . a few big leaves of Radicchio or other sturdy lettuce
- . > Part -1-Potato mash: (this part could have been made ahead if desired) While getting ready to clean and cube vegetables, in a large pot, start boiling 6 cups (1.5L) of water and add the salt as well as the stock cube. Prepare the potatoes by leaving most of the thin skin as well as cutting into medium sized cubes. The sweet potato shall be cubed into bigger pieces. Add all the potatoes and cubed onion at once into the boiling water. Once the boil has surfaced again, lower the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes with the lid on. Test if potatoes are tender. Leave them in their water if the next part of the recipe is not ready yet.
- . > Part -2-Caramelized onion and mushroom sauté: While potatoes are cooking, in another lage skillet, begin to sauté the sliced onions in the heated butter and oil until well caramelized on medium-low heat. Now, add one of the Portobello mushrooms which was sliced ahead of time and cook down for about 5 minutes before adding the wine. Once the alcohol has evaporated, place the remaining two mushrooms (ribs down) as well as the eight pieces of courgettes. Cook and flip them over twice before having them set and ready to receive the mashed potato stuffing. Note: while the mushroom and courgettes are cooking, the potato mix should be ready to mash.
- . > Part-1-Potato mash...continued: With a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes into a large bowl. Add the reserved cooking water, the butter, oil and seasoning. Mash by hand to keep it rustic. Add the (optional) 'Ajvar' at the very end and combine.
- . > Assembly: Spoon the warm mashed potatoes onto the mushroom and courgette cavities. Sprinkle some optional roasted crushed almonds onto the Portobello. Cover the skillet and leave the assembly to flavour together for 15 minutes on very low heat until ready to serve onto lettuce leaves. Spoon a little caramelized onion and sliced mushrooms on top of the potato mash topping the courgettes.
- . Grab yourselves a glass of Rosé wine and enjoy...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment