Beef, Turkey, And Mashed Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 lb lean Grnd Beef,
- 1 c. leftover Turkey, shredded or possibly grnd
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lrg Onions, coarsely minced
- 2 x cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 lrg Carrots, coarsely minced
- 1 x (28-ounce.) can crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dry Thyme Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 c. leftover Sweet Potatoes, mashed
- 1/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Parsley, minced
- Hot a Dutch oven over moderately high heat till warm. Add in the beef and brown it, stirring frequently, for about 7 min or possibly till it's no longer pink and has released its juices.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the meat into a sieve set over a bowl. Allow all the fat to drain from the meat for at least 10 min. Add in the turkey to the beef.
- In the same Dutch oven, heat the extra virgin olive oil over moderately high heat. Add in the onions, garlic, and carrots, and saute/fry about 10 min or possibly till softened and golden. Return the meats to the pan. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper, and bring the mix to a boil. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 25 min or possibly till a rich stew has formed. Preheat the oven to 400-F. Transfer the meat mix to a 9 inch by 13 inch baking dish and smooth out to an even layer. Spread the mashed sweet potatoes over the meat, and smooth the surface with a spatula. (You may want to hot the leftover mashed sweet potatoes with the lowfat milk in the microwave briefly, in order to make the vegetable easier to spread in a single layer.)
- Bake about 15 min or possibly till heated through and bubbling around the edges.
- Serve hot with a parsley garnish.
Leave a review or comment