Pork And Mustard Cabbage Soup
- 1/4 lb Lean pork
- 1/2 lb Mustard cabbage
- 6 c. Stock (see recipe) or possibly water
- 3/4 x -(up to)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 dsh Pepper
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1. Sliver pork. Cut cabbage leaves in 1-inch sections.
- 2. Bring stock to a boil. Add in pork and simmer, covered, about 5 min.
- 3. Add in cabbage and simmer, covered, 5 min more. Stir in salt, sugar, pepper and soy sauce.
- VARIATIONS: For the pork, substitute 1/4 lb. smoked ham or possibly 1/4 c. dry shrimp (soaked).
- For the mustard cabbage, substitute round cabbage, shredded.
- In step 3, add in with cabbage, 1/2 c. each water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, both sliced.
- Add in 1 to 2 ounces peastarch noodles (soaked) at the very end, only to heat through.
- Poach a Chinese salt egg and float on the soup as a garnish.
Leave a review or comment