Pineapple Upside-Down CakePrep: 30 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 1by B Innes83 recipes>
There are some recipes that just cannot be improved upon, and Betty Crocker’s pineapple upside-down cake recipe is one of them. This is one of those true comfort food recipes. It was my father’s favorite and was what he had for his birthday every year.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) butter
- 2/3 cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
- Pineapple slices ( enough to cover the pan)
- Maraschino Cherries ( at least one for every pineapple slice)
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a 9 inch square pan melt butter in the oven. Once the butter is melted sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the melted butter. Arrange the pineapple slices over the brown sugar and place a cherry in the center of each slice( you can add more cherries if you wish).
- In a mixer bowl beat the remaining ingredients on low speed until combined. Once combined mix on medium speed for about 3 minutes ( scraping down the sides) until all is smooth and completely combined.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and cherries and even to edges.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Immediately place a heat proof plate over the pan and invert leaving the pan on the cake for a few minutes so that the brown sugar can drizzle over the cake. Remove cake pan and serve warm. Store cake loosely covered. Serve plain or embellish with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Leave a review or comment