Pineapple Upside-Down CakePrep: 25 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 8by Julia Ann Souders62 recipes>
A sweet dessert for dinner or sweet dessert for lunch. Enjoy rich syrup on top; use tidbits or whole ring pineapples. It will become a family favorite. It is very good with 2 cups of fresh blueberries in place of pineapple.
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted and melted
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted and melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 -6 Maraschino cherries to decorate
- 20 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease the 9-inch cake pan.
- Melt the butter and stir into the light brown sugar;
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Arrange the drained pineapple on the bottom;
- Decorate the pineapple with the cherries and pecan halves.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In a large or mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Begin adding the dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Beat well to blend the batter.
- Pour and spread the batter over the pineapple.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or when tested, the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes on a rack.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen.
- Turn the pan upside down over a large plate.
- Serve the cake warm or room temperature with whip cream or ice cream.
Leave a review or comment