new yorker pasta
tips with paring knife,pull off tough skin from bottom of stalk toward broccoli flowerets. quarter or half if too larg. cut stalks into 2 inch pieces, if desired.save for soup or other use. broccoli should not be over cooked or it becomes strong tasting. also uncover a few times during boiling to retain bright green color
- 3/4 lbs thin spaghetti...(my fav is lingune)
- 1 bunch broccoli,about one pound
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 medium cloves garlic,minced
- 1/3 lb roquefort,gorgonzola or your favorite blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- craked pepper
- (1) bring pot of water to a boil (about 3 1/2 quarts)
- (2)meantime wash the broccoli and peel stems.place in large sauce pan with 1 inch of water.cover.
- (3)cook about 5 minutes untill tender - crisp .Drain set aside...uncovered
- (4) cook noodles according to package directions untill just tender but not mushy. drain
- (5) melt butter in skillet. briefly saute garlic over low heat, add cheese.stir untill melted.
- (6)place hot noodlesin serving bowl with cooked broccoli.toss with cheese sauce.
- (7)sprinkle with parmesan cheese and craked pepper . toss again
- (8) sever steaming hot
Leave a review or comment