Joy of Cooking's Peach Pie I.Prep: 30 min Cook: 80 min Servings: 8by K. Garner39 recipes>
I love this recipe because it highlights the red interior of the halved peaches and looks gorgeous. It's faster to prepare because there's less slicing, and the single pie crust saves dough--no pun intended.
- Pie Dough
- 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Fresh peach halves
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Prepare crust and place into pie plate
- Combine and blend well the egg(s), flour, sugar, and butter
- Set aside
- Halve, peel, and pit tree-ripened peaches
- Place them cut-side up in the pie shell.
- Pour filling mixture over the top of the peaches.
- Add a basic streudel topping if desired (optional--not in original recipe)
- Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees F, then reduce the heat to 300 degrees F and bake about 50 minutes longer.
- Serve hot or, if cold, garnish with Whipped Cream.
Leave a review or comment