Indian Vegetable CurryPrep: 30 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 5by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Consist of brinjals, green chillies, shallots and garlic.
- 15 small shallots
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 round brinjals (cut into pieces)
- 3 green chillies (cut into two)
- 2 tbsp curry powder (mix with some water for a thick paste)
- Small ball of tamarind/assam - mix with to extract juice
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 3sprigs curry leaves
- 4 tbsp oil
- When oil is heated, fry fenugreek seeds, shallots and garlic for 2-3 mins.
- Add curry paste and cook until oil splits.
- Drop in curry leaves and stir.
- Pour about 1/2 litre of water inside, add brinjals, tamarind juice and salt.
- Stir and let it simmer to soften brinjals.
- Add green chillies and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment