Indian Fish Curry With BrinjalsPrep: 50 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 5by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
This fish curry delivers all that is expected, fish in spicy and zesty luscious gravy.
- 10 kembung/long-jawed/Indian mackerel - gut/clean
- 2 medium size brinjals/eggplant - cut into pieces
- 1 tsp halba/fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2-3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1-2 tbsp tamarind juice
- 4 tbsp oil (add more if not enough)
- Salt for taste
- For the curry paste
- 1 tomato
- 5 garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 6 shallots
- 2-3 tbsp fish curry powder
- blend/ground to a thick paste with some water
- In the heated oil, temper fenugreek and mustard seeds.
- Add in curry paste and cook till aromatic and oil splits.
- Pour 1/2 liter and next the brinjals.
- Stir and simmer till brinjals are half cooked.
- Add fish, curry leaves, salt and tamarind juice.
- Gently stir and continue to simmer till fish is cooked.
Leave a review or comment