Grilled Salmon Steaks With Bell Pepper Sauce
- Bell Pepper Sauce Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 x red bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 c. plain nonfat yogurt or possibly lowfat Salmon
- 1/2 c. dry thyme soaked (5 mins) in water liquid removed
- 24 ounce Salmon steaks cut into servings
- 4 x white bread slices toasted on grill just before serving
- Spray grill rack and place it on end over ashen-warm coals. Roast peppers 8 to 10 min, turning frequently with long-handled tongs. All sides of peppers should be charred and blistered. Working quickly, put peppers into plastic bag, and close securely with twister seal. Let peppers stand 10 to 12 min.
- Bell Pepper Sauce: Remove peppers from bag, cut off tops, and remove skins by rubbing with paper towels. Throw away seeds. Slice peppers and puree in processor or possibly blender. Add in remaining sauce ingredients and puree.
- Chill sauce till needed, but serve at room temperature.
- Salmon: Sprinkle liquid removed thyme over warm coals. Spray fish lightly with non-stick cooking spray and place it over grid on sprayed grill rack.
- Coals should be ashen warm. Grill salmon about 4 min, turn, and grill till done to taste (about 10 min for 1" thick steak). Serve salmon on individual dishes over toast, with sauce topping.
Leave a review or comment