Grilled Chicken, New Potato And Roasted Garlic Quesadilla
- 2 lrg Boneless chicken breasts Extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 8 sm New potatoes cut in half
- 12 x Flour tortillas - (6" dia)
- 1 c. Monterey Jack cheese finely grated
- 1 c. White Cheddar cheese finely grated
- 1 x Garlic head roasted
- 2 Tbsp. Finely-minced fresh thyme
- Preheat grill.
- Brush chicken with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5 min on each side or possibly till cooked through, remove and let rest. Toss potatoes in extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill cut-side down till golden, turn over and continue grilling till cooked through.
- Place 8 tortillas on a flat surface. Divide both cheeses among the tortillas. Slice chicken on the bias into 1/4-inch thick slices. Cut each potato half in half. Divide the chicken, potatoes, garlic and thyme among the 8 tortillas. Stack tortillas to make four. Top the four tortillas with the remaining four tortillas. Brush the top with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill, oil-side down till golden. Carefully flip over and continue grilling till golden and the cheese has melted.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment