Dates And Sunflower Seed CakePrep: 40 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 5by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
just the right amount of sweetness alongside with sunflower seeds for its goodness, nutty and crunchy bites.
- 110g dates - remove seeds and chopped
- 30g roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 eggs - separate the yolks and the whites
- 130g butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups + 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Rub dates with the 3 tbsp of flour to prevent it from sticking together.
- Keep aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs; one at a time and essence and continue beating.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Alternately, fold flour mixture and milk into the beaten ingredients until smooth.
- Beat egg whites to a soft peak.
- Gently fold in cake mixture alongside with dates and and
- sunflower seeds.
- Pour/tip mixture into a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 175c for 40 mins or until the cake is done.
- Remove from oven.
Leave a review or comment