Cucumber Salad (vinegar style)Prep: 10 min Cook: 8 hours Servings: 15by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
My mom's been making this since we were little, it so refreshing in the summer time. It's basic and simple and great at picnics and bbq's and with no mayo in it won't spoil in the summer heat.
- 3 large cucumbers very thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- Place thinly sliced cucumber and onion in a lg bowl.
- Mix water, sugar and vinegar in a bowl, whisk till sugar is mixed in
- Pour over the cucumbers, stir well
- Marinate in the fridge for several hours to a few days
- The longer it sits the better it tastes!
Leave a review or comment