Cube Steak Stew
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb cube steak cut bite-size (or possibly use tenderized round steak)
- 1 lrg onion
- 1 Tbsp. red wine or possibly cider vinegar
- 2 can small new potatoes - (16 ounce ea)
- 2 can whole kernel corn liquid removed
- 1 pkt mushroom gravy mix
- 1/4 c. water or possibly broth Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef and onions quickly in warm oil. Transfer to the crock pot; add in vinegar to skillet and scrape browned bits up with a spatula; add in to crock pot.
- Add in potatoes and corn, then sprinkle with gravy mix; pour water over all and mix to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hrs. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
- NOTES :
Leave a review or comment