Cube Steak With Mushroom Sauce
A great one pot meal.
- 4 cube steaks, 1 to 1 1/2 pound
- 1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. beef broth or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Minced parsley (for garnish)
- Place cube steaks between sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap. Using flat side of mallet, lb. meat till about double in size.
- Heat oil and 1 Tbsp. of the butter in wide frying pan.
- Add in steaks and brown quickly on both sides. Place browned steaks on hot serving dish and keep hot.
- Add in remaining butter to pan.
- Add in mushrooms and cook quickly over high heat till browned.
- Pour over steaks on platter.
- By this time, steaks may have "wept" juices on to the plate. Drain them into frying pan and heat to boiling.
- Whisk in the mustard and broth and drippings. Boil hard over high heat; scraping up brownings, till juices are reduced to shiny glaze.
- Pour over steak and mushrooms; add in salt, pepper, and garnish.
Leave a review or comment