Swiss Style Cube SteakPrep: 20 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 6by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
When we were kids Mom made this for us all the time. It was a cheap dinner that went a long way served over rice. I had forgotten about it till she came across the recipe and made it again. It brought back lots of memories. I asked where she got the recipe, turns out it was off the back of a minute rice box in the 70's. Now I'm making it for my 6yr old son. He normally doesn't like the texture of beef, but this meat is so tender, he loves it. I usually double the recipe!
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs cube steak
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Cut steaks into slices or bite size pieces.
- Coat steaks with flour mixture.
- Brown well in a large skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, water,onion,celery,garlic,worcestershire sauce and sugar.
- Cover and let simmer for 1 hr or til meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice
Leave a review or comment