Croutons With Shrimp, Andouille Sausage And Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Minced andouille sausage*
- 1/4 c. Diced shallots or possibly red onion
- 6 ounce Uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and, coarsely minced
- 1/4 c. Diced roasted red bell peppers, from jar
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 24 x 1/2" thick diagonally sliced French bread baguette toasted
- *Or possibly, use warm links.
- Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in sausage; saute/fry till golden brown, about 2 min. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl. Add in shallots to the same skillet and saute/fry 3 min. Add in shrimp and saute/fry till cooked through, about 3 min. Fold in peppers, parsley, thyme, mustard and sausage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon shrimp mix onto croutons. Arrange on platter and serve.
- Makes 24.
- NOTES : The topping for this easy appetizer would also be delicious tossed with pasta or possibly as a filling for and omelet. Bruce [Aidells] likes to serve this with a Sauvignon Blanc...
Leave a review or comment