Broccoli Casse RollsPrep: 10 min Cook: 21 min Servings: 18by Smokinhotchef313 recipes>
Two super delicious recipes combined into one Uber-delicious creation. Broccoli casserole is an indulgent favorite of my family's. Egg rolls are a go-to in any Chinese restaurant and all out crunchy goodness. Further, egg rolls are easy to handle and just scream DIP ME! I wanted to come up with something familiar yet different, satisfying yet convenient, and sumptuous yet not overly indulgent. Individual servings helps with portion control as well. Plus, these babies are vegetarian to boot. Two can easily be a main course! I gave these rolls a test run at our Superbowl gathering and they were a solid victory for team SMOKINHOTCHEF! Go me!!!!!
- 1 1lb. bag cut broccoli
- 1 14 oz. bag broccoli florets
- 1 7 oz. can mushroom pieces and stems
- 1/2 c. plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 c. mild Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 c. Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 lb. pkg. egg roll wrappers
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a large pot fitted with a colander, bring about 1 inch of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and drained mushrooms and cover. Cook until done, about 12 minutes and spread out on baking sheet or large platter to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 inches of oil in heavy bottom saucepan or dutch oven to 375* F.
- Once broccoli and mushrooms have cooled, combine with bread crumbs, mayo,spices and cheeses. Add kosher salt and pepper to taste. For larger florets of broccoli cut in half length-wise to match the size of the larger pieces of cut broccoli.
- Assembly: Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop up mixture and place on egg roll wrapper. Fold according to directions on package.
- Once all egg rolls have been assembled, fry in batches of 4 or 5 until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with my super simple, simply delicious dippin' sauce.
Leave a review or comment