Beef with oranges and spicesPrep: 20 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 4by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica501 recipes>
Aromatic, tender beef chunks with orange and spices.
- 2 small oranges
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 600 g beef (hiftl steak), cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 500 ml beef bouillon from cube
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- Peel and slice one orange. Squeeze juice from the other orange and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a casserole or Dutch oven. Add the diced meat and crushed garlic cloves. Sauté until meat is nicely browned on all sides.
- Add orange pieces and drizzle with orange juice.
- Season with saffron, cumin, allspice, salt and pepper. Mix and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour 300 ml of beef bouillon over meat and cover again. Simmer over low heat until meat is thoroughly cooked and tender (about 1 hour). Add remaining amount of bouillon during cooking so the meat does not dry.
- Sprinkle meat with chopped parsley. Serve immediately, with rice or couscous and a green salad.
Leave a review or comment