Roast Chicken With Orange And SpicesPrep: 15 min Cook: 75 min Servings: 6by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
For an elegant yet simple Autumn menu, serve this dish with steamed wild rice, a crisp green salad and freshly baked bread. Bake apples or pears for dessert right along with the chicken!
- 4 1/2 Lb. Roasting Chicken
- 1 Large Orange
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cloves
- Heat oven to 450°F. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Grate 1 tablespoon of peel from orange. In small bowl, combine butter with orange peel, salt, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves; mix well. Rub mixture over chicken, spreading some inside cavity.
- Stuff cavity of chicken with whole orange. Secure legs together with cotton string and tuck wings under chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F. Baste with pan juices and bake an additional 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180°F.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter. Remove orange. Cut orange in half and squeeze juice over chicken; cover and let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment