$10,000 Triple Layer Carrot Cake
- 3 lrg Large eggs, beaten
- 2 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Plus 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 2 c. Plus 1 Tbsp. sifted cake flour
- 11/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 11/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Baking soda
- 11/2 c. Coconut
- 2 c. Grated carrots
- 1 c. Plus 2 Tbsp. crushed. liquid removed
- 1 c. Minced walnuts
- 1 c. Raisins
- 3/4 c. Soft butter, (1 1/2 sticks)
- 12 ounce Cream cheese, (1 1/2 Pkgs.)
- 3 c. Confectioners sugar, (1 1/2 pounds)
- 11/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 3 8" layer cake pans.
- With mixer on high speed, cream Large eggs, sugar and oil till creamy and thick, 3-5 min. Sift together flour (that has been sifted once, remember!)
- cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and soda. Slowly add in 1/3 of of dry to egg mix; beat well. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients, beating well after each addition. Batter will be stiff. One at a time, mix in coconut, carrots, pineapple, walnuts and raisins. Divide batter among prepared pans. Bake for 40-45 min till tester inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cakes cold in pans 5 min before turning out onto racks to cold completely.
- FOR FROSTING: cream butter and cream cheese. Add in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Slowly add in confectioners sugar and beat till smooth and spreadable. Frost cooled cake.
Leave a review or comment