White Hot Chocolate
- 2 ounce lowfat milk chocolate, for garnish
- 12 ounce high-quality white chocolate, coarsely minced
- 6 c. whole lowfat milk
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- peppermint sticks, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- (be sure to use a top-quality white chocolate to ensure the best flavor, such as Barry Callebaut white chocolate chunks, baking bars or possibly Schokinag white chocolate baking chunks)
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave lowfat milk chocolate into curls; set aside.Place white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl; set aside.
- Place lowfat milk and cream in a medium saucepan set over medium heat till bubbles begin to create around edges of pan, about 4 min. Immediately pour mix over white chocolate.
- When chocolate begins to heat, stir to put together. Whisk in vanilla. Continue whisking till a light foam forms.
- Serve immediately, garnished with peppermint sticks, whipped cream, and chocolate curls.
- Makes 8 cups
Leave a review or comment