Warm Brussles Sprouts Salad with Almonds and ParmesanPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 10by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
I adapted this from a Oprah recipe. She makes the salad with raw brussel sprouts. I couldn't quite trust that, so I blanched them lightly before slicing. This produced a delcious and slightly warm salad. I should have tried some raw and some cooked to see which method is best. Maybe one of you can do that and let us know?
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp finely sliced chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place almonds on baking sheet and bake 5 min or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Bring a medium to large pot of water to boil. Slice brussels sprouts and blanch them briefly (1-2 minutes) in boiling water and then remove to a strainer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper. Add brussels sprouts, almonds, and Parmesan. Toss carefully and serve.
Leave a review or comment