Vietnamese Tomato SoupPrep: 15 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
meatless soup speaks about the bold Vietnamese flavors.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes - sliced
- 1 large red onion – sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves (separate stems and leaves)
- ½ tbsp fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste (taste soup mixture first before adding)
- Heat oil and sauté onion and spices.
- Add tomatoes and coriander stems.
- Stir and cook till mushy.
- Pour 1 liter of water and simmer till heated through.
- Cool it down slightly and blend/process for a thick mixture.
- Pour back in the pot, add fish sauce and salt.
- Simmer again.
- (Add more water for a diluted version)
- To serve, garnish with coriander leaves.
Leave a review or comment