Vegetarian Fried Mee Hoon (Chinese Style)Prep: 25 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
cooked with fermented soy bean paste/taucu, chillies, cabbage and shiitake mushrooms.
- 150g (2 slabs) mee hoon - soaked in water to soften.
- 4 shiitake (Chinese black) mushroom - soaked in hot water to soften and sliced into long pieces.
- 1/2 (about 250g) cabbage - shredded/sliced
- 7 garlic - chopped
- 2 tbsp fermented black bean paste (tauchu)
- 1 tbsp blended/grounded dried red chilies
- 2 stalks spring onions - cut into 1 inch length
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- Heat oil in a large wok and when heated, add garlic and blended/grounded chilies.
- Fry until oil splits.
- Add fermented bean paste/taucu and and mushroom.
- Stir, add mee hoon and season with salt (use sparingly as bean
- paste is already salty)
- Continue to stir to combine all together.
- Off the heat and stir in cabbage and spring onions.
Leave a review or comment