Tuscan Pork with Mashed Sweet PotatoesPrep: 20 min Cook: 600 min Servings: 6by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
Slow cooking the pork with fennel seed gives it a fantastic flavor. The potatoes are good enough to make a dish on their own!
- 1 heaping tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1-2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1-2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- In a bowl combine fennel seeds, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Trim fat from pork. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over meat, rub with your fingers. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3.5 - 6 quart slow cooker. Set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces, and place in slow cooker. Add meat. Pour broth over.
- Cover and cook on medium-heat setting for 10 hours or high-heat setting for 8 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker, reserving juices. Slice meat. Using a slotted spoon, move sweet potatoes to a medium bowl. Use a masher to mash sweet potatoes, adding some of the cooking juices to moisten. Serve meat with mashed sweet potatoes.
Leave a review or comment