Tomato And White Bean Soup
- 32 ounce cannellini beans, (large white beans)
- rinsed and liquid removed
- 28 ounce canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 x scallions, minced
- (green parts only)
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or possibly dill, or possibly more to taste
- 1 tsp salt-free herb-and-spice seasoning mix, up to 2
- Or possibly to taste
- Freshly grnd black pepper, to taste
- 6 SERVINGS DAIRY-FREE
- Fresh herbal overtones boost the flavor of this ready-when-you-are soup. White beans make a deliciously creamy base for soups, sauces and stews.
- Meal plan: Make the soup, then combine a tossed salad of shredded lettuce, finely diced tomatoes and bell peppers, and sliced olives. Dress in your favorite natural low-fat dressing and have each person make his or possibly her own "salad wraps" using large warmed flour tortillas or possibly soft lavash wraps. End the meal with fresh strawberries topped with vanilla frzn yogurt or possibly a nondairy frzn dessert.
- In food processor, puree half of beans till smooth. Add in tomatoes with their liquid and scallions, and puree till smooth.
- Transfer puree to large saucepan. Stir in remaining beans, broth, cilantro, seasoning mix and pepper. Hot through over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.
Leave a review or comment