Sweet And Sour Chicken With Oranges
- 2/3 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. shao hsing wine or possibly dry sherry
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 c. sliced water chestnuts
- 1/3 c. sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 can mandarin oranges - (11 ounce) liquid removed
- 3 x green onions cut 2" slivers
- Combine marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove skin from chicken and cut meat into bite-sized pcs. Place in the bowl with the marinade and set aside.
- Place a wok or possibly large skillet over high heat till warm. Add in oil, swirling to coat sides of pan. Add in chicken; stir-fry for 2 min or possibly till chicken turns opaque.
- Add in water chestnuts, sweet and sour sauce and crushed red pepper; cook for 1 minute. Gently stir in half of the mandarin oranges and half of the green onions.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with remaining mandarin oranges and green onions.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
Leave a review or comment