Stuffed Pasta ShellsPrep: 15 min Cook: 35-40 min Servings: 16by Renu Guru167 recipes>
For kids of all ages....Just as tasty hot or cold.Freezes well.
- Jumbo pasta shells- 16
- boiling water-12 cups
- salt- 1 1/2 tsp
- Hard margarine (or butter)-2 tbsp
- Chopped onion-1/2 cup
- Garlic clove,minced (or 1/4 tsp,if using garlic powder then 1 tsp),optional
- Boiled and chopped fresh spinach( or frozen chopped spinach,thawed and squeezed dry) - 1 & 1/8 Cup
- Ricotta cheese -1 cup
- Grated Parmesan cheese- 1/3 cup
- Large egg,fork - beaten
- salt-1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg-1/8 tsp
- Grated mozzarella cheese- 1/2 cup
- Cook pasta in boiling water and first amount of salt in large uncovered pot for 15 mins,stirring now and then, until tender but firm.
- Drain.Rinse with cold water.Drain well.Return pasta to the same pot.Set aside.
- Melt margarine or butter in small frying pan on medium.Add onion.Cook for 5 to 8 mins, until softened but not caramelized.
- Add garlic.Heat and stir for 1 to 2 mins until fragrant.Cool.
- Drizzle water in ungreased 3 liter shallow baking dish.
- Combine next 6 ingredients in medium bowl.Add onion mixture.Stir well.Makes about 2 cups filling. Spoon 2 tbsp filling into each pasta shell. Arrange stuffed pasta shells in single layer in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of shells.Cover with foil.Bake in 350 F (175 C) oven for about 20 mins until heated thro and cheese is melted.Discard foil.Let stand for 5 mins.Makes 16 stuffed pasta shells.
Leave a review or comment