Stuffed chicken legs
- 1/3 cup wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups salted water
- 2 mild Italian sausages, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 large toothpicks
- Place the wild rice and salted water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Drain. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180Â°C (350Â°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Using your fingers and a very sharp knife, free the meat from around each thigh bone.
- Dislocate the bone from the drumstick bone and cut through the joint to free and remove the thigh bone.
- Stuff the thighs. Pin closed with the toothpicks.
- Arrange the legs on the baking sheet, skin side up.
- Brush with butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the stuffing reaches 74Â°C (165Â°F), about 1 hour. Remove the toothpicks and serve.
Leave a review or comment