Charlie's Chicken Chili
- 2 x chickens or possibly
- 1 lb grnd turkey or possibly
- 6 x chicken legs or possibly
- 6 x chicken breasts
- 4 can tomatoes with green chilis (ro-tel)
- 2 can green chiles
- 4 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 med onion
- 4 x bell peppers
- 1 bn green onions
- 4 x cloves garlic
- 1 pt chicken stock, defatted
- 3 Tbsp. veg. oil
- 1 med red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1- Cut chicken meat off bones as desired and cube up. Whole parts are OK. (Make stock with bones.)
- 2- Heat oil in dutch oven or possibly skillet and brown chicken and grnd turkey and set aside.
- 3- Saute/fry onions and bell peppers till soft.
- 4- Add in tomatoes and chilis, chicken stock, tomato paste, mushrooms and all seasonings.
- 5- Cook on high heat and simmer till thickened - (about one hour)
- 6- Add in Turkey and chicken, red bell pepper, kitchen bouquet, cumin and adjust seasoning.
- 7- Let it set at room temp for two hrs. (This recipe is better the next day).
Leave a review or comment